foreign IP TV

Der Platz für allgemeine Diskussionen zu Vodafone Kabel Deutschland und der Muttergesellschaft Vodafone, sofern sie nicht bereits durch andere Forenbereiche abgedeckt werden.
Forumsregeln
Forenregeln

Allgemeine Informationen zu Vodafone Kabel Deutschland findest du auch im Helpdesk.

Eröffnet in diesem Board bitte nur Threads, die mit dem Unternehmen Vodafone Kabel Deutschland und der Muttergesellschaft Vodafone allgemein zu tun haben. Für alle spezifischeren Themen nutzt bitte die entsprechenden Boards im Forum.
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

foreign IP TV

Beitrag von medicol »

Hello,
sorry for writing in English, my German is not good enough, I hope someone can anyway help me.
At this moment I am not V-KD customer.
I am using DSL from other company and watching IP-TV using MAG250 box with subscription for IP-TV service provider for Russian TV channels .
I would like to make a contract with V-KD for Internet via coaxial cable hoping to increase speed.
Is there any limitation for this type of traffic?
Till now I did not get any problem with DSL, several hours per day I can watch tv, I would like to avoid that V-KD block this type of traffic when using it massively
Abraxxas
Insider

Re: foreign IP TV

Beitrag von Abraxxas »

I've also a subscription for russian IP-TV. It's online about 8 hours per day. Normal quality takes ~2,5MBit/s, HD channels ~6MBit/s. We've never had any limitation in that, just works fine.
reneromann
Insider

Beitrag von reneromann »

It simply depends on the provider of your IP TV channels.
If the provider has implemented any kind of limitation, e.g. only broadcasting his signals to his own internet access lines [like Telekom Entertain], then you'll not be able to receive them using another ISP line (e.g. VFKDG coax lines).
But if the provider sends its IPTV signal to "the whole world", e.g. has no limitations, then you'll be able to receive it using the VFKDG coax line.
Bonzo
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von Bonzo »

What about V-KD's carrier grade NAT? As far as I'm informed V-KD only guarantees IPv6 anymore. For IPv4 there has to be an IP address and protocol translation and this might be a bottleneck if it isn't implemented properly.

Also what's the latest on V-KD's famous segment overload during the internet rush hours? Has the situation improved over the last years or is it still a issue? Of course this doesn't affect all segments, but if you're in such a segment and your speed drops from 100 Mbps to unusable, then this surely isn't very funny.
Servus, bin der Bonzo. Brauchst du flache Kabel? Ist von Laster überfahren worden ;-)
Brauchst du schlechte Programm auf flache Fernseh? Ist vom Hammer mit Stein bearbeitet worden
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

Abraxxas hat geschrieben:I've also a subscription for russian IP-TV. It's online about 8 hours per day. Normal quality takes ~2,5MBit/s, HD channels ~6MBit/s. We've never had any limitation in that, just works fine.
I have Novoe TV, 24/7 online
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

reneromann hat geschrieben:It simply depends on the provider of your IP TV channels.
If the provider has implemented any kind of limitation, e.g. only broadcasting his signals to his own internet access lines [like Telekom Entertain], then you'll not be able to receive them using another ISP line (e.g. VFKDG coax lines).
But if the provider sends its IPTV signal to "the whole world", e.g. has no limitations, then you'll be able to receive it using the VFKDG coax line.
I am watching via them using DSL (not KD provider) since years in Germany in same apartment. I just want to upgrade speed.
Abraxxas
Insider

Beitrag von Abraxxas »

medicol hat geschrieben:I have Novoe TV, 24/7 online
Are you watchig TV around the clock?
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

Abraxxas hat geschrieben:
medicol hat geschrieben:I have Novoe TV, 24/7 online
Are you watchig TV around the clock?
what does it mean?
they give you former CCCP Countries TV channels
for Russian TV they broadcast what you can watch at the same moment in Moscow.
There is also 1 week recorded tv programs (also for some German TV) plus Videothek for free
Not sure that I have answered to your question, sorry just explain me better in case
Abraxxas
Insider

Beitrag von Abraxxas »

I meant that my TV is on for about 8h per day receiving russian IP-TV. That sums to ~250GB of streaming data per month and that works. (I have Kartina)
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

Abraxxas hat geschrieben:I meant that my TV is on for about 8h per day receiving russian IP-TV. That sums to ~250GB of streaming data per month and that works. (I have Kartina)
alles klar, kartina is the most famous and widespread
Novoe TV for what I know has no restriction, 1st time I heard only 8 hours/day