timing for new contract and delete old one

Hier ist Platz für alle Themen, die Produkte, Verträge und Allgemeines im Zusammenhang mit Internet und Telefonie via Vodafone Kabel Deutschland, Vodafone West, der Vertriebsmarke „eazy“ bzw. O2 betreffen.
Forumsregeln
Forenregeln

Bitte gib bei der Erstellung eines Threads im Feld „Präfix“ an, ob du Kunde von Vodafone Kabel Deutschland („[VFKD]“), von Vodafone West („[VF West]“), von eazy („[eazy]“) oder von O2 über Kabel („[O2]“) bist.
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

timing for new contract and delete old one

Beitrag von medicol »

Hello,
I want to subscribe Red Internet & Phone 200 Cable.
Actually I have a running subscription with other provider for DSL, I have time till end of December to terminate and then I shall have their service till end of March.
Do you know more or less how much does it take between contract request via Internet and V-KD technician come to home to check if Internet via cable is possible?
There is chance that contract is denied due to old infrastructure I have.
I would like to avoid loss of Internet service and at same time reduce time where I have to pay 2 contracts for Internet at same time.
Wurzelzwerg
Fortgeschrittener

Re: timing for new contract and delete old one

Beitrag von Wurzelzwerg »

There is an option to get the new connection before the old one is canceled. Either order and let the new contract "wait" for the old one to expire or activate it earlier and dont pay while the old contract is still running. Just tell the operator that you still got a contract with another company. Vodafone will send you a form asking for information about the old contract. After you sent it back, Vodafone can cancel your old contract and you got the 2 options.
That way you can be sure not to pay 2 contracts and there won't be any time without internet ;)
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

Wurzelzwerg hat geschrieben:There is an option to get the new connection before the old one is canceled. Either order and let the new contract "wait" for the old one to expire or activate it earlier and dont pay while the old contract is still running. Just tell the operator that you still got a contract with another company. Vodafone will send you a form asking for information about the old contract. After you sent it back, Vodafone can cancel your old contract and you got the 2 options.
That way you can be sure not to pay 2 contracts and there won't be any time without internet ;)
very very very interesting
I was not aware of that.
can I set it while I fill the form in Internet or should I call V-KD ?
Problem is that technician can still deny the service
Wurzelzwerg
Fortgeschrittener

- When ordering online you need to check the box "Ja, ich möchte meine Telefonnummern mitnehmen." (yes, I want to transfer a phone number)
- dropdown - choose you current provider
- are you the partner for the old contract? (yes / yes, one of them / no, someone else)
- fill in your phone number (old provider will most likely charge you for the transfer)
- Is there a fixed duration for your old contract? If yes, did you cancel it yourself?
- no: deadline for the notice?

If you dont want to transfer a phone number you can switch that later (call support, send the form back with a notice) or order via phone, shop or your local sales agent (they'll even visit you at home).

Your new connection will be made ready before the old contract is cancelled. Either let it wait or try to go online and you get the option to activate it without payment.
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

Wurzelzwerg hat geschrieben:- When ordering online you need to check the box "Ja, ich möchte meine Telefonnummern mitnehmen." (yes, I want to transfer a phone number)
- are you the partner for the old contract? (yes / yes, one of them / no, someone else)
- fill in your phone number (old provider will most likely charge you for the transfer)
- Is there a fixed duration for your old contract? If yes, did you cancel it yourself?

If you dont want to transfer a phone number you can switch that later (call support, send the form back with a notice) or order via phone, shop or your local sales agent (they'll even visit you at home).

Your new connection will be made ready before the old contract is cancelled. Either let it wait or try to go online and you get the option to activate it without payment.
thanks a lot
I have no phone number at all
so that I do not know if it will work, nevertheless I try
now they called me to send the technician and I should receive the contract at home to sign and send back
let´s see
thanks again for support
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

Wurzelzwerg hat geschrieben:- When ordering online you need to check the box "Ja, ich möchte meine Telefonnummern mitnehmen." (yes, I want to transfer a phone number)

I followed your ad, today technician came at home.
It seems that I must wait till tomorrow to check Internet, at this moment is not yet working
Wurzelzwerg
Fortgeschrittener

Just one question: did you get a connection via (tv-)cable oder DSL? To be honest, I just expected you'd order cable because this is the forum for Vodafone Kabel Deutschland. If you can't tell for sure, just check your order confirmation: is it Internet & Phone x Cable/DSL?

For cable there seems to be an issue preventing the activation of contracts. Normally you just connect a device and try to visit any website. Then you'll get the welcome-page asking if you want to wait or activate right now.
For DSL I can't tell you how it is done exactly.
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

Wurzelzwerg hat geschrieben:Just one question: did you get a connection via (tv-)cable oder DSL? To be honest, I just expected you'd order cable because this is the forum for Vodafone Kabel Deutschland. If you can't tell for sure, just check your order confirmation: is it Internet & Phone x Cable/DSL?

For cable there seems to be an issue preventing the activation of contracts. Normally you just connect a device and try to visit any website. Then you'll get the welcome-page asking if you want to wait or activate right now.
Kabel, Internet & Phone 200
when I tried to connect there were a page from V telling that I must still wait
today when back at home I shall check again what is the situation
Wurzelzwerg
Fortgeschrittener

medicol hat geschrieben:
Wurzelzwerg hat geschrieben:Just one question: did you get a connection via (tv-)cable oder DSL? To be honest, I just expected you'd order cable because this is the forum for Vodafone Kabel Deutschland. If you can't tell for sure, just check your order confirmation: is it Internet & Phone x Cable/DSL?

Like I said, seems like it is not possible at the moment. Not even when calling the hotline. Might take a day or two.
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

Wurzelzwerg hat geschrieben:
medicol hat geschrieben:

Like I said, seems like it is not possible at the moment. Not even when calling the hotline. Might take a day or two.
today stayed from 5:30 am till now always on and still not working
service told me must stay all the night
so again I must wait
frankly speaking I do not understand, what should happen during 24/48 hours special? But they are able to let me pop up request to make new contract with also mobile