connector for WLAN Kabel Router

Für alle Technik-Themen bezogen auf Internet und Telefonie, die weder AVM- noch Arris-/CommScope-/Technicolor-/Compal-/Sagemcom- bzw. Hitron-Produkte betreffen. Speedprobleme werden hier lediglich thematisiert, wenn sie auf die verwendeten Geräte zurückzuführen sind (die nicht zu den o.g. Produkten zählen).
Forumsregeln
Forenregeln

Bitte gib bei der Erstellung eines Threads im Feld „Präfix“ an, ob du Kunde von Vodafone Kabel Deutschland („[VFKD]“), von Vodafone West („[VF West]“), von eazy („[eazy]“) oder von O2 über Kabel („[O2]“) bist.
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

connector for WLAN Kabel Router

Beitrag von medicol »

I would like to make a contract with V-KD for Internet via cable most probably asking WLAN Kabel Router.
From KD I have a coaxial cable terminating with classic connector 75 Ohm I can directly put in TV-Set (not using it, I watch TV via sat)
Should I connect this cable directly to WLAN Kabel Router or I need some adapting device for connector?
Abraxxas
Insider

Re: connector for WLAN Kabel Router

Beitrag von Abraxxas »

You need a Multimedia Socket (3 connectors) or a small adapterbox which will be installed on top of the current socket. A connectioncable will be delivered with the router.
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

Abraxxas hat geschrieben:You need a Multimedia Socket (3 connectors) or a small adapterbox which will be installed on top of the current socket. A connectioncable will be delivered with the router.
sorry for ignorance, I am totally new in cable technique (not present at all in Italy).
could you please send me a link to this adapterbox?
At home for sure I have not any Multimedia Socket, just a cable where I am sure the previous person living in was just watching TV
Before making contract I would like to understand if feasible.
I am already trying to implement some change because for example in Dachboden where there is a signal amplifier distribution box the Döse was without Nullung connection and in this case KD denies Internet
Trebo
Kabelfreak

Beitrag von Trebo »

The adapter will be delivered with the router.

If there's not any coaxial socket existing yet, VFKD will send a technican to install
a multimedia socket. This service is free of charge.
--
Nicht überall, wo kein Smiley ist, ist auch kein Witz drin
Anschluss Juli 2007 - Dez. 2021, zuletzt 1000/50 mit FB 6660.
Jetzt Glasfaser GPON 400/200 und glücklich damit
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

Trebo hat geschrieben:The adapter will be delivered with the router.

If there's not any coaxial socket existing yet, VFKD will send a technican to install
a multimedia socket. This service is free of charge.
thanks a lot.
So that I should freely make the contract then technician come and decide if I can have Internet yes/no and in case yes if it is necessary some installation more.
Have I rightly understood?
In 2011 I asked them, technician came, told me that there is not ground connection at signal distribution amplifier box and deny Internet, that is why I still have DSL via telephone cabling via other provider.
reneromann
Insider

Beitrag von reneromann »

The technician will not install anything if there is no separate grounding wire to the basement grounding (as they told you a few years ago) as this is a pre-requirement that you have to fulfill before Vodafone will install internet.

Ask a local electrician to install a "Potentialausgleich" and a wire from there to your amplifier box with at least 4 mm^2 size.
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

reneromann hat geschrieben:The technician will not install anything if there is no separate grounding wire to the basement grounding (as they told you a few years ago) as this is a pre-requirement that you have to fulfill before Vodafone will install internet.

Ask a local electrician to install a "Potentialausgleich" and a wire from there to your amplifier box with at least 4 mm^2 size.
I have an appointment yet with electrician to deliver the "nullung" to amplifier box. "Nullung" will be connected with "neutrum"
Should be ok?
He will come and check if possible
There is no ground connection possible for what I have understood because house is a little bit old so they use this technique (it seems that is widespread to all Germany and only new houses have ground connection)
reneromann
Insider

Beitrag von reneromann »

medicol hat geschrieben:
reneromann hat geschrieben:The technician will not install anything if there is no separate grounding wire to the basement grounding (as they told you a few years ago) as this is a pre-requirement that you have to fulfill before Vodafone will install internet.

I have an appointment yet with electrician to deliver the "nullung" to amplifier box. "Nullung" will be connected with "neutrum"
Should be ok?
There is no ground connection possible for what I have understood because house is a little bit old so they use this technique (it seems that is widespread to all Germany and only new houses have ground connection)
You need to have a separate grounding connection to the equipotential bonding terminal ("Potentialausgleichsschiene") due to regulations by law. Without a separate grounding wire connected to the equipotential bonding terminal, no internet connection will be possible. And please don't confuse grounding ("Nullung") inside the sockets with the mentioned need for a separate grounding wire connected to the basement grounding/equipotential bonding terminal for all the Coax Cable equipment (e.g. your amplifier box, signal splitters afterwards).

And yes, without equipotential bonding and a basement grounding, there will be no internet installation. This requirement is not new - it's part of the regulations at least since more than 30 years.
So if you want to switch to cable internet, you have to have basement grounding and a equipotential bonding terminal connected to all conductive installations in your house (e.g. pipes for water, gas and heating) and to your electric distibution network. And from this equipotential bonding terminal, there needs to be a separate grounding wire to the place where your coax equipment is located with at least the forementioned 4 mm^2 size.
medicol
Fortgeschrittener

Beitrag von medicol »

reneromann hat geschrieben:
medicol hat geschrieben:

Should be ok?
You need to have a separate grounding connection to the equipotential bonding terminal ("Potentialausgleichsschiene") due to regulations by law. Without a separate grounding wire connected to the equipotential bonding terminal, no internet connection will be possible. And please don't confuse grounding ("Nullung") inside the sockets with the mentioned need for a separate grounding wire connected to the basement grounding/equipotential bonding terminal for all the Coax Cable equipment (e.g. your amplifier box, signal splitters afterwards).

And yes, without equipotential bonding and a basement grounding, there will be no internet installation. This requirement is not new - it's part of the regulations at least since more than 30 years.
So if you want to switch to cable internet, you have to have basement grounding and a equipotential bonding terminal connected to all conductive installations in your house (e.g. pipes for water, gas and heating) and to your electric distibution network. And from this equipotential bonding terminal, there needs to be a separate grounding wire to the place where your coax equipment is located with at least the forementioned 4 mm^2 size.
thanks for info
you destroyed my dreams.
At least inside apartment there is not grounding but only nullung (that is what told me last week elektro came to apartment)
In basement I saw some green-yellow cables going inside KD box and connecting also pipes for heating system.
reneromann
Insider

Beitrag von reneromann »

medicol hat geschrieben:thanks for info
you destroyed my dreams.
At least inside apartment there is not grounding but only nullung (that is what told me last week elektro came to apartment)
In basement I saw some green-yellow cables going inside KD box and connecting also pipes for heating system.
Usually, the euqipotential bonding terminal is located in the basement and is connected to all conductive installations (e.g. heating system pipes, water pipes, gas pipes...) and to the main electrical power distibution system (where -if the electrical system has been installed/renewed after ~1980- the separation of the PEN wire (Neutral + Ground in one wire) to separate Neutral and PE wires is also taking place -and- the electric meter(s) are installed). From there, there is no need to have separate grounding wires to your electrical sub-distribution sytem as long as all cables have at least separated Neutral and grounding wires (e.g. 3 wires for single phase L/N/PE or 5 wires for three phase L1/L2/L3/N/PE).

So if you have a equipotential bonding terminal, you may simply need to have one green-yellow wire with at least a surface of 4mm^2 connected from there to your amplifier box.
And usually the amplifier box is NOT installed at the Dachboden, but next to the entry point of the coax cable into the house at the basement ("HÜP"/"Hausübergabepunkt").